Sunday, August 13, 2006

Camp Muir

8/13/2006
Aida, Helen, Cathy
9.3 miles rt, 4836 ft Gain
10:20-2:45---3:15-7:00

Going up was hard. No time and mind to enjoy the beatiful iews behind me. I had to focuse on the steps and kept struggling agaist the snow covered slopes. Going up and up, I needed to take rests more and more frequently. At the final peice of slope, I had to follow the footprints of the mountaineering group to drag myself up to the Camp site.

Camp Muir has been on the top of my hiking list for a long time. Finally I did it! Every step up, i was making a new record of the highest altitude I ever been. At the camp, I had a strong sense that I had achieved a goal.

That's roughly what one can achieve with day hike. Shall I move to the next level? Be a backpacker and even be a mountainieer? While climbing up, when I felt that I was pushing my limit, the anwer was no. Once on the top, after some rest, I did have the seocnd thought. Maybe I can do more.

I doubt whether I can ever reach the summit. That's a trip about "9 hours up, 2 hours down". Before that, one have to carry a huge backpack up almost 5000ft. But I should actively looking for the next target. I certainly can and should do more.
At camp Muir
A lonely hiker coming back from summit
View of Mt Adams
A nice picture taken on my way back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home