Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Camp Muir

Sep. 9, 2007
Kang Xun, Wu FenFen, Zhang XiaoFang, Wenjuan and I
10:30-3:15 --- 4:00-6:15
9.3 miles rt, 4836 ft gain

It's a very beautiful weekend. We decide to have a hike to Camp Muir because it might be the last chance to hike Camp Muir this year.

Comparing with the same hike I did last year in middle August, this time there is much less snow. One can hike along the ridges/rock scrambles till roughly the altitude of 9000 feet. The last stretch on the snow was still very hard. I basically need to have a rest every 50 steps.

Overall, I felt that it's less tiring for me this time. I have more time enjoying the views.
View of the Summit at Camp Muir
Mt. Adam View at Camp Muir
View of Summit at Pebble Creek
A group of backpackers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home