Sunday, August 21, 2005

Granite Mountain

Aug. 21, 2005
8.0 miles round trip, 3,800ft altitude gain.
9:30-10:20-12:55----1:15-3:15-4.05

I took Granite Mountain alone today. The road was very mild at the beginning for about 20 minutes so I had a good warmup. Real climb immediatly began once I followed the "Granite Mountain" sign. I climbed at a slow pace in the forest. Interestingly, I was still able to reach the lookout house in about two and half hour and I did not feel that tired. Being "slow" is essential for me to take a tough long hike.

At the altitude of 5,600 ft, views at the lookout house are defintely worth the effort to climb. One can see layer after layer of mountains far away. Mountian Rainier is very clear in the south. Glacier peak could be seen between two other nearby peaks.

A lake along the trail with blue color is really beatiful. Blue berry trees are also along the trail. I bet the trail would be really beatiful when leave turn red in the coming fall.

Easy access, good altitude gain and great view. Granite Mount should be revisited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home